Sharing my experiences of living Gluten Free, after being diagnosed with Coeliac Disease in 2000.
Please be aware that anything I write is my personal experience(s).

If you are to visit any of the places I mention, please ensure you check that they are still trading before you visit and it's your responsibility to ensure the food you eat is suitable for you! If you are to follow any of the recipes, please ensure you check your ingredients are suitable for you.

My advice: PLEASE get yourself the latest Coeliac UK Food Directory rather than poisoning yourself!

Monday 25 June 2012

The Admiral Wells, Cambridgeshire for Gluten Free

I recently dined at The Admiral Wells near Peterborough and was delighted at the menu choice available to Coeliacs. Certainly worth a visit if you are in the area.

Apparently the chef is coeliac and so about 80% of the menu can be adapted to suit a gluten free diet.

The staff were very helpful and checked with the chef for any addition questions I had.

I started with Fish and Chips. Served with Heinz tomato ketchup (which at the time of writing this, is GF).

They use Doves Farm GF flour and soda water for the batter and that is cooked separately to the normal food, as are the chips.
Reasonably priced - about £9 and VERY filling!














Despite being full, I could not resist a gluten free pudding. I was spoilt for choice but settled on a chocolate pudding with chocolate sauce, which I had with cream.
About £4.50....here it is half eaten!


No comments:

Post a Comment