Sharing my experiences of living Gluten Free, after being diagnosed with Coeliac Disease in 2000.
Please be aware that anything I write is my personal experience(s).

If you are to visit any of the places I mention, please ensure you check that they are still trading before you visit and it's your responsibility to ensure the food you eat is suitable for you! If you are to follow any of the recipes, please ensure you check your ingredients are suitable for you.

My advice: PLEASE get yourself the latest Coeliac UK Food Directory rather than poisoning yourself!

Thursday 15 March 2012

Gluten Free Lemon Cup Cakes

A flavour variation of my previously posted Chocolate cupcakes!

CUPCAKES - makes 12.
Prep time, less than 10 minutes. Cooking time 18-20 minutes.
Please check your Coeliac UK Food Directory for suitable ingredients.

LEMON:
150g (5oz) unsalted butter or margarine, softened (I use Stork margarine)
150g (5oz) caster sugar
175g (6oz) GF Flour (I use Juvela White Mix)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice & the grated rind
  • Line a 12 section bun tray with paper cake cases.
  • Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a hand-held electric whisk for 1-2 minutes until the mixture is light and creamy.
  • Divide evenly between the cake cases
  • Bake in a preheated over at 180c (350f) (gas mark 4) for about 18-20 minutes, until firm to the touch (I always check mine by putting a skewer into the middle of some of the cakes, if it comes out clean - they are cooked)
  • Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
  • When cold, decorate with GF butter icing and GF decorations. (The photo below shows Dr Oetker decorations which were GF at the time of making these cakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment